AI planes sometimes get stuck on deck, and will not launch from the cats.

BarTzi

Recently, I can't a large number of planes to launch correctly, because one or two of them will get stuck on one of the catapaults.

This might be MT related (deadlock?), as I'm using the MT version.

Speed up the short track I attached, and the AI will eventually end up in this situation (from which they will never recover. They won't launch and won't move at all, even the planes that are parked):

https://imgur.com/nks4qKV

AI not launching.trk

Edited by BarTzi

Yes, unfortunately the long forgotten and abandoned SC is still quite buggy. 

You've run into one of the more annoying ones, that when there are more than 4xAI 'active' on the deck it is likely that they will not take off and get stuck at some point prior to launch. The easiest way to get around it, is to space out their spawn time. I've found that 2-3 minutes per flight of 4 works out best. Alternatively you can start some already 'hot' on the catapults when the mission starts, and others to spawn in cold. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, Kondor77 said:

Yes, unfortunately the long forgotten and abandoned SC is still quite buggy. 

You've run into one of the more annoying ones, that when there are more than 4xAI 'active' on the deck it is likely that they will not take off and get stuck at some point prior to launch. The easiest way to get around it, is to space out their spawn time. I've found that 2-3 minutes per flight of 4 works out best. Alternatively you can start some already 'hot' on the catapults when the mission starts, and others to spawn in cold. 

Thanks. It's a new one for me. Never happened before.