Anyone using "3camera" setup?

I've tried this setting on a 1920x1080 monitor just to get an idea of the layout. It looks VERY interesting as a concept but I'm not sure how it is meant to be implemented.

Basically, from what I can tell this setup is meant to show a forward monitor view along with 2 side monitor views aligned at somewhere around 45 degree angles. It looks as though it has been designed for the triplehead2go with the side screens facing inward.

I think that this type of setup is the holy grail of simming because it does away with the distortion issue of flattening a curved image across a very wide screen and gives the peripheral sense of motion only possible with wrap-around type displays. Previously, the option to have 45 degree side views was only available in Flight Simulator (to my knowledge).

The immediate issue that I see when trying this out in Blackshark is that there is noticeable overlap of the 3 views. That is, that the views are not contiguous, but are duplicated at the edges. Mind you, this is only what I saw on a single display and do not have a triple display setup to test it on. Perhaps with a wider screen this is not an issue?

Has anyone had any success with this option in Blackshark? If so, could you let the community know how well it works as I think it could be a great option to pursue.

is that your pit ?

Thanks mate, yeah I just got out of it after a 90 minute mission and it was brilliant. Pretty much everything works, I love the ABRIS bar, it really adds to the immersion. Easy to make too, why doesn't everyone do it? :)

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I bet it was brilliant :)

speaking about your abris bar, is it home made or did you buy it ? as that would be so much better than fiddling with the mouse to get the abris setup, as I find messing with the abris a pain whilst in flight and that bar would make things so much easier/better.

so if you bought it can you link me or tell me where you can buy them from ?

cheers

Sorry mate, made it myself. Really very very simple - a piece of folded aluminium plate, 5 momentary buttons and a couple of rotary encoders, hooked up to a betainnovations gammarayv2 keyboard encoder. The gammaray makes it really easy, all the key mapping is done in software.

You could do it easily with a nostromo or something if you don't have a keyboard encoder. Really any sort of programmable keyboard.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Ah, so it was a home made thing, I am useless at that, good at the software part hopeless at building stuff, I could do it given time and if I had instructions on how to do so but I dont have any tools and such except a screw driver and hammer and some duct tape :D

I spose having duct tape is all I really need since it holds the world together :)

I just wish I had the skills like I see alot of poeple on this forum have when it comes to manually makin things, ahwell I can but dream.

I'd hazard a guess that many of them had no skills before they started building. I certainly learned on the job, my cockpit has taught me everything from woodwork to electronics to programming in different languages.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Yep it works:

[ATTACH]24692[/ATTACH]

But the framerate sucks on a 2-GPU Vista windowed setup.

Are you using a Triplehead2go or using the 4 outputs from your 2 gpu setup?

I am curious about the performance hit, and wondering if it can be negated a little if using the TH2go in Vista?

Are you using a Triplehead2go or using the 4 outputs from your 2 gpu setup?

I am curious about the performance hit, and wondering if it can be negated a little if using the TH2go in Vista?

4 outputs on 2 separate cards - see this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37491

I have a TH2G and an x48 mobo on order, and am about to go to Win7_64, hope that will improve the FPS.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

4 outputs on 2 separate cards - see this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37491

I have a TH2G and an x48 mobo on order, and am about to go to Win7_64, hope that will improve the FPS.

I am in the process of acquiring a TH2Go myself and would like to know how you fare with the new system.

My plan is to use 3 (relatively) cheap XGA projectors to create a true surround setup.

It's a pricey proposition but I feel that this sim is good enough to invest in a really good setup and in the end I think the effect will be well worth it!

I've got the new mobo now, TH2G is still on order. Fingers crossed for the weekend.

That will be sweet with the projectors! It would be great if we could put views up that had the cockpit turned off.

I hear you on the price - I've been waiting so long for a good combat helo sim that I have no problem dropping a couple of grand on kit to run it at its best!

Streaming DCS sometimes: