Start a ship with damage

Wile E.
Go to solution Solved by SUNTSAG,

I'm about to start a campaign with a lot of ships. If we get an enemy to half health, I want to be able to start the next mission with it at half health. Is there a way to do that? I had guessed that the condition percentage box meant the condition of the ship, but apparently it's the chance of the ship spawning in. Is there a way to start a ship at partial health?

Sadly no. Best you can try to create an explosion on the ship, but I don't have the math to get precise outcomes. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

4 ore fa, Wile E. ha scritto:

How can I create an explosion? That could work if I can tune the severity in the ME.

you can do a simple trigger called explosion to associate at a trigger zone, or there also the "explode unit" trigger that can directly link the ship but in this last i dont remember if you can set the severity of explosion, i use often the explosion trigger to generate massive damage when player bombing something like fuel depot or ammo depot.

it can work 100% for your use, just need a bit of trial to found the correct explosion size

• Solution

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are trying to acheive but I will post a manually created option for you that can work. There is a "UNIT SET LIFE" trigger available which is based upon a percentage. In the image provided I have set the units life to 30% at mission start. A simple .miz file is also provided and I hope this helps. Cheers

SHIPLIFE.png

UNITAISETLIFE.miz

• Thanks 2

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 minutes ago, SUNTSAG said:

There is a "UNIT SET LIFE" trigger available

Whoa! That's a great find (or massive oversight until now on my part 🙂) -- thank you! 

Is there a corresponding API call for this? I could finally have persistence of damaged units (even if they re-spawn with full ammo, they can at least now spawn damaged). 

19 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are trying to acheive but I will post a manually created option for you that can work. There is a "UNIT SET LIFE" trigger available which is based upon a percentage. In the image provided I have set the units life to 30% at mission start. A simple .miz file is also provided and I hope this helps. Cheers

SHIPLIFE.png

UNITAISETLIFE.miz 7.97 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks! That does exactly what I was wanting.