CM3 F-18 Throttle Does not Match Input

Hi Guys,

Bit of a strange one however, I have set up my CM3 throttle and I have created a deadzone (21) so that I am getting true idle when the throttle is all the way back to the first detent (I am using the classic detents). I have noticed though that when taxying, small CM3 throttle inputs from idle match the the movement of the thrust levers in the sim which is great.

The issue occurs when I get airborne and the throttle movement out of idle does not match the actual CM3 throttle movement. It's almost as if the deadzone is causing a slight delay when out of idle, and more travel is needed for it to move the thrust levers in DCS. It's only a small band of travel but it is noticeable. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. 

The Hornet's throttle has a different idle position depending on whether it's on the ground or airborne. This is accomplished by a physical lockout which prevents the throttle being moved to 'ground idle' when in flight, via the weight-on-wheels sensor.

The deadzone you're noticing is simply the portion of throttle travel which is between ground idle and flight idle. Our hardware obviously doesn't have the means to physically prevent it being moved there.

• Like 2

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

15 hours ago, Brun said:

The Hornet's throttle has a different idle position depending on whether it's on the ground or airborne. This is accomplished by a physical lockout which prevents the throttle being moved to 'ground idle' when in flight, via the weight-on-wheels sensor.

The deadzone you're noticing is simply the portion of throttle travel which is between ground idle and flight idle. Our hardware obviously doesn't have the means to physically prevent it being moved there.

This. Just open the thing that shows you throttle/axis positions and you'll see ground idle is lower with WoW versus idle in flight.

Also, when you say you've set a deadzone then do you mean within DCS? There are (probably) better ways of doing it via the VPC software (the only fettling in DCS axis tuning I had to do is that the % throttle for AB to kick in for the F-14 is slightly different to the other AB jets I own so I had to put a slight curve in for that to work right at the AB detent).