Finding Targets in the Mi-24

Denji

Hey everyone,

im flying the Mi-24 together with my Brother as Operator.

Right now we are practicing with the different Weaponsystems of the Hind and are already able to use ATGM's, R60s, unguided Rockets and the 30mm Cannon in a wobbly but pretty reliable way.

We play almost exclusively on PVE Freeflight/Test Servers where everything like Ground Targets is marked on the Map.

But our future Goal is to play in a more realistic Way on Cold War Servers / Missions where most of the Time, you dont even see your Allies on the Map.

My Question is, how do i find and identify Targets in the Hind without any fancy electronics? And how are you guys doing it?

Thank you and have a nice Day.

• Like 1

Most reliable way is to trace smoke trails and tracers to their origin 🙂 No, just kidding.

As vehicles are easier to spot in the open, make a habit of scanning terrain features like tree lines, edge of urban areas, roads, bridges primarily. With a bit of training, you'll catch the ones in the open in the process. Since you have the luxory to be two folks in one aircraft, coordinate by setting sectors. Pilot has better view to the left and got to watch front anyways for flying. So the co-pilot can concentrate on front to right sector and occasionally check left. Apart from that, situational awareness really is a practice thing.

• Like 2