Piers and things

Digitalvole

In the spirit of “Oh I do like to be beside the sea side” will we be seeing the addition of piers on the south coast of England? 
There useful things for telling where you are.

Brighton needs 2 (West Pier & Palace Pier) Worthing, Eastbourne and Hastings need one each. Im sure there’s more.

Another thing that springs to mind is the Cathedrals, they’re all over the place! I’m guessing they’re supposed to be churches (on roids?) Chichester does need a Cathedral btw 🙂

Finally is it likely the ground colours will get another pass? They are way off.

Besides the above (apart from the colours) minor quibbles I love this new map, flying over home territory in a Spitfire is fantastic, Thank you. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muzzer said:

Piers would be a great addition if they are added at some point. Bournemouth & Boscombe piers were breached for defensive reasons during WW2.

Indeed, I don’t know what they did with the ones in Brighton and Worthing, I’ll have to look it up.

I haven’t been to the Dorset side of the map yet, or France for that matter, I’ve just been tooling around Sussex and thoroughly enjoying it. 😁

Either that or hope someone makes placeable mods? 

I flew my longest flight last night in the Mossie, used most of my fuel (All tanks) and on landing my port engine failed. Managed to tuck it in the hanger for the erks to fix up. I flew from Needs Oar Point along the coastline West after placing an island mod where I reckoned Durdle door should be. I put a galleon in 'Lulworth Cove' and assorted ships bobbing around Poole harbour. My Grandad flew out of there and I've family connections from East to West across the South so I'm loving exploring the Map. Mostly.

I flew up to Cardiff, desolate, unpopulated but green, when I got there, so was Cardiff. I didn't see much once I got past Dorset ish. I was half asleep so will be back to have a better look later. Thought I’d have a look through ‘the valleeeeeys last night. Err, no.

I know, it’s a Normandy map. I’m not complaining, the map’s great with Big Ben, the 'sights', Westminster but try flying anywhere near London without singing “chim chimeny, chim chimeny” or “wouldn’t it be luverly” and you're a better man than me. I can’t, and I was born there. 🙂

I flew around the IOW a few times, mentioning Piers. Would love to have seen some of the old bits over there. We all want a ticket to Ryde don't we? Little train on that one too. I plotted what would be HMS Raven, or Eastleigh aerodrome and set a load of tanks to circle the field. A futile gesture to flatten it as though I did manage to get a Spit out of there, I couldn't the Mossie. Never mind landing one. I did lmao bouncing it about the place until finally, experimenting with mods, I found a WW1 aircraft carrier in the middle of the field, Stoneham Lane side. Couldn't land the Mossie on it or plot it on deck in the ME but my L plates are still pretty shiny with all things DCS and it wasn't meant to be there in the first place.

Probably reads as though I'm not happy with the map but I am and glad to have it. I've got a 'Raven Mad' mission being built as I'm trying to learn how to use everything. I've Willys Jeeps and Bedfords on the Island, near my familys places at Sandbanks and Southampton, all over. All transmitting 40s music for me while I attempt to learn my Grandads job, with the same sets, over the same area on the map. Raven mad indeed but I'm having a good time with it.  :pilotfly:

Maybe updates will bring some goodies?

ETA: Flying home, I could navigate the coastline pretty well. Slapton Sands being obvious and making me think for a minute.

We could do with Cathederals, Canterbury, Whoops... It's on the Channel map but not arghh 🤫 😆

Edited by Slippa
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Slippa said:

Westminster but try flying anywhere near London without singing “chim chimeny, chim chimeny” or “wouldn’t it be luverly” and you're a better man than me. I can’t, and I was born there. 🙂

That made me laugh haha.

My first flight on the map I spawned over London and did what I do irl if I’m in London, I found Victoria station ASAP and headed south for Brighton with haste. 😁

I wish we had a PWCG for DCS

• Like 1

Haha, best way to go on a sunny day. Too long in town gives me headache these days, I'll pop in here and there, not often. I fly over it (when my DCS is running properly). Carefully, between the chim chimenys o course.