Hornet in the Training Mission

Cpt. TRIJJ
Go to solution Solved by Lord Vader,

In the Air to Ground Training Mission (with Guns) I can't hear my Flight Instructor. Turbines too loud and I forgot how/where to turn that noise down? Then I did the CCIP Mode but when moves on to the Manual Mode, he lost me when he said push this button and RTCLE comes up. Now enter a value of 10 on the UFC (next to the colon). I have no idea what he's talking about?? I looked but never saw any colon. Why did DCS not mark where to go on that one like they had been doing?  As a side note and to my great delight and surprise, so far I have found the Hornet easier to operate so far. I'm sure it'll be a handful by the time I work thru all those inputs. But it took me hours to get the Mustang into the air but with the Hornet I got up in one try.  In CCIP Mode, I got the targets in two fly-overs. Couldn't do the Manual Mode as stated. Went to Missiles and down those 2 Migs in 2 tries. Was very satisfying. xD

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hey @Cpt. TRIJJ

Regarding the sound, It's possible you might need to adjust your audio settings. I would suggest turning on "Hear Like in Helmet" option and also reduce the "In Cockpit" slider to your liking. This will filter out the engine roar and some cockpit sounds as well. 

2023-05-23 11_50_53-Window.jpg

As for the tutorial itself, I didn't find any issue with it. You must allow the full narration to finish before pressing any buttons or keys. The instructor mentions the OSB referring to "MAN" on the DDI, then the OSB referring to the "UFC". Then you'll see the "RTCLE" option is then highlighted in the UFC. Pressing the circular button next to it will add the mentioned colons, allowing data input on the keypad. Hope this helps.

Screen_230523_120155.jpgScreen_230523_120219.jpg

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord