Debolestis and thrustmaster / virpil

Johan4668

1. It ain't a SPI bus (although it's possible to drive it with a SPI module).

2. It is supposed to be a daisy-chain of 3x cascaded CD4021 chips, i.e. 24bits.

3. The firmware to read it... it will assume #2, and read 24bits.

So, if you only have one chip, the firmware is supposed to "still" read 24bits off the chip. So, it depends on how you wire up pin 11 Serial In. Assuming you wire up the chip correctly, and the firmware is reading correctly, then, if you float pin 11, you most likely will get the correct answer for the first 8 bits, and 8th (0-index) bit and beyond are pure garbage. If you ground pin 11, as you are supposed to, then you get 0s from the 8th bit and up. If you wire it up to Vcc, then you get 1s from the 8th bit and up.

Read, pp. 34 to 38 of Hempstick User's Guide, https://www.hempstick.org/download/manual/Hempstick-UserGuide.pdf, for the correct pin assignments.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hempstead said:

1. It ain't a SPI bus (although it's possible to drive it with a SPI module).

2. It is supposed to be a daisy-chain of 3x cascaded CD4021 chips, i.e. 24bits.

3. The firmware to read it... it will assume #2, and read 24bits.

So, if you only have one chip, the firmware is supposed to "still" read 24bits off the chip. So, it depends on how you wire up pin 11 Serial In. Assuming you wire up the chip correctly, and the firmware is reading correctly, then, if you float pin 11, you most likely will get the correct answer for the first 8 bits, and 8th (0-index) bit and beyond are pure garbage. If you ground pin 11, as you are supposed to, then you get 0s from the 8th bit and up. If you wire it up to Vcc, then you get 1s from the 8th bit and up.

Read, pp. 34 to 38 of Hempstick User's Guide, https://www.hempstick.org/download/manual/Hempstick-UserGuide.pdf, for the correct pin assignments.

I tried everything, but do i need a custom firmware in de thrustmaster base?