Kab500kr TV guided bomb not hitting target.

gdomjan83

Hi!

So, I've been learning to fly the Su-25T, and I'm at the Shkval TV guided missile and bomb tutorial mission. The missile works perfectly, but the Kab500kr TV guided bomb just cannot hit the target whatever I do, despite doing everything by the book.

I open the Shkval, find the target, I get a lock and manuver the plane so the targeting reticle is just above the tail of the aircraft on the HUD. Just as in the manual and youtube tutorials. The bomb releases and it falls all over the target, except hitting it. The only time I managed to hit was when I couldn't get a lock on the target, so I just released it anyway. I suppose it was by accident.

I tried bombing from 500-1000-1500 meters, no difference in the result.

I tried to make my own mission, trying to hit other type of structures and vehicles, but this bomb is just not following the target.

Is this weapon bugged in the game?

Edit:

After a lot of trial and error, I came to the following conclusion: CCRP release is crap with TV guided bomb, they miss 95% of the time. The way I can almost 100% hit a target is that I release the weapon above 1200-1300 meters, with more or less level wings and heading towards the target, but just releasing the bomb when it is in the launch distance, and not using CCRP.

Edited by gdomjan83
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...