Unable to unlock a target

Hello all

well like it says when I am in my f 18 and depress the undesignate S or keybinding most of the times it will not unlock the target.

I have been testing my system in vr as I had to do a reinstall to see if fixes things and still if I lock a target and it turns out to be a friendly I can not unlock it when depressing the undesignate.  

I must be doing something wrong yes?

thanks

Glenn.

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K--32gigs ram--Gtx 3070--windows 11--Oculus Quest 2 VR--X-56 Hotas . DCS Openworld Beta

I'm not a Hornet expert, but it seems to me that the function has changed.
I tested in RWS mode and there were several enemy aircraft in the radar's field of view.
I designated one target and got a lock. When I pushed the undesignate/NWS button it designated another one of the available targets. Pushing the undesignate button actually cycles between the available targets. Not a bad functionality, but different from what I expected.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I did a little more research, and I find that by default, with RWS mode selected, I'm actually in Latent TWS mode. This becomes visible when you click on the DATA button in the Radar MFD.
You can disable the Latent TWS mode now to put the radar in RWS Attack mode, and now the undesignate button does what you expect.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5