Triple Screens, 3 Monitor mode: How to get it right with Bezels/Distortion?

Go to solution Solved by SperrfeuerSiegfried,

Hey guys,

i have the 3x the same 27" 1440p screens and with an RTX4080 enough PC power to use the 3 Screen mode.

While its positive, that this doesnt give me the fisheye effect (objects on side screens being way too big), im for now struggling with alignment of objects, which can be seen on both the middle and an outer screen (is this distortion?).

So for example my wings dont align when i look left and have a part of it on the middle and a part on the outer screen. Also a part seems to be missing (like 1 cm on-screen or so), i guess there needs some bezel correction to be done?

Can it even be done in DCS so that you have everything aligning and bezels to be corrected like for example in Iracing or ACC?

Have you done the bezel correction process in Nvidia control panel? This gives you an alternative resolution which corrects for the bezel. Part of the display will be lost (it is effectively "behind" the bezel) in order that shapes will be correctly drawn across the displays.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Scott-S6:

Have you done the bezel correction process in Nvidia control panel? This gives you an alternative resolution which corrects for the bezel. Part of the display will be lost (it is effectively "behind" the bezel) in order that shapes will be correctly drawn across the displays.

Thank you very much Scott. 

I did it in conjunction with Nvidia Surround and didnt think about it being possible without Surround. 

But yeah, i could Set that resulting Resolution (Like 7790 instead of 7680 x 1440) in the corresponding File i guess and maybe the bezels would be corrected then in-game. 

I'll try this later 🙂 Ty again Scott, i'll answer here how it went.

So, ive tried with the bezel corrected resolution (7794x1440 instead of 7680x1440) but the outer screens are still not aligning with the middle one.

Maybe i have to try an even higher resolution (or lower?).

I guess there is no other solution available? 

(Simracing titles let you set the bezel thickness and then adjust the picture to let the Screens align)

16 minutes ago, SperrfeuerSiegfried said:

So, ive tried with the bezel corrected resolution (7794x1440 instead of 7680x1440) but the outer screens are still not aligning with the middle one.

Maybe i have to try an even higher resolution (or lower?).

I guess there is no other solution available? 

(Simracing titles let you set the bezel thickness and then adjust the picture to let the Screens align)

Did you do the bezel gap adjustment in the Nvidia control panel?

12 minutes ago, SperrfeuerSiegfried said:

Yeah, it went to Like 55 adjustment, which resulted in 7794x1440 instead of 7680x1440 resolution.

But i still had the Problem with the Screens Not aligning. I'll post some Pics in Here later.

Are you getting image alignment with other games (which don't have any bezel gap calibration features)?

Edited by Scott-S6

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Scott-S6:

Are you getting image alignment with other games (which don't have any bezel gap calibration features)?

Ive only used my triples for Simracing until now, so alignment was never a Problem.

Thing is with Nvidia Surround and using the 3 Monitors as 1 in a way, the alignment works but extreme fisheye effect on the outer Monitors is way worse than this not aligning issue with 3 Monitor Option and without Surround.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Scott-S6:

Ive only used my triples for Simracing until now, so alignment was never a Problem.

Thing is with Nvidia Surround and using the 3 Monitors as 1 in a way, the alignment works but extreme fisheye effect on the outer Monitors is way worse than this not aligning issue with 3 Monitor Option and without Surround.

16883233618653561781740594179185.jpg

• Solution

I solved it! 

I had to set the bezel correction in the 3monitor.lua File! Now its pretty much Spot on!!!😍 Ty again Scott for your advice! 

I needed to Play around a Bit with the viewDx values of the outer Monitors.

Ive also posted my settings in one of the two attached pictures, and mark it AS solved ❤️

16884127967517851193528698150048.jpg

16884128564153940331768472099923.jpg

Edited by SperrfeuerSiegfried
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...