Acer 27" 4k monitor F/S (US) PRICE LOWERED

kksnowbear

Because of my ongoing technical work, I have a monitor I'm interested in selling.  It's a 27" Acer Nitro XV3 4k unit (model XV273K). It has an IPS panel, 1ms response time, Gsync compatible and supports 144Hz refresh rates using two DP cables (single cable = 120Hz; HDMI is 2.0/60Hz refresh).

There are no scratches, blemishes or dead pixels whatsoever on the screen.  I've never noticed any cosmetic issues on the chassis or base.  It is in excellent shape overall.

I'm not a display spec fanatic, but I'd say the picture is fantastic.  Others who have visited my shop and seen it first hand have commented about how good the display looks.  This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to run 4k and has a GPU that can perform at the level.  For me, Nvidia 2080Ti/3080Ti3090/3090Ti/4090 all have done great.  Even a 2070 Super and 1080Ti can manage reasonable frame rates with appropriate settings.

It works as expected but the AMD Freesync implementation seems to be buggy, which is why I'm replacing it (my work requires being reasonably able to test all functionality like GSync/Freesync and higher refresh rates).  It will sleep as configured, but doesn't wake as it should, and this is only when FreeSync is used with an AMD GPU.  The Freesync functionality itself, as well as FSR and RSR, work as expected.  Just the stupid sleep thing.  I am certain it's not 'bad hardware'; rather, a design/implementation issue.

Nvidia GPU Gsync works flawlessly - so I am suggesting that it is a good choice for someone with an Nvidia GPU (or someone who doesn't intend to use Freesync for whatever reason).

Also, since it's HDMI version 2.0, it only supports 60Hz refresh over HDMI and I really need to be able to test at least 120 (which requires HDMI 2.1) for higher-end cards I sometimes work with.  This wasn't an issue honestly until more recently, now that a fair number of cards can actually perform at that level.  So even if it weren't for the Freesync sleep thing, I decided to replace it so I can test a broader range of hardware on my "4k bench".

As of this writing, this monitor is selling New on Amazon for 551.65 (see pic, although to be fair it's a third party and not the best price).  From what I can see on the Bay they're going for over $350 before shipping and taxes (and the shipping is being listed at well over $50, plus they charge taxes on the shipping, so you'd be looking at over $425 Used).  I paid over $500 for it, in April last year.  It's only been used for bench testing in my shop (~3-5 hours/week on average), not "full-time" usage by a considerable margin.

I would like to get $300 $250 plus reasonable shipping costs (should be able to come in <$50 on that).  I am not sure if I have the original box, but I will definitely arrange for a suitable shipping package one way or another.

Please PM me if interested.  I'd be happy to answer any questions, and I will try to get some pics up soon.

Thank you.

image.png

Edited by kksnowbear

Free professional advice: Do not rely upon any advice concerning computers from anyone who uses the terms "beast" or "rocking" to refer to computer hardware.  Just...don't.  You've been warned.

While we're at it, people should stop using the term "uplift" to convey "increase".  This is a technical endeavor, we're not in church or at the movies - and it's science, not drama.

Price lowered - now asking $250 plus actual shipping (US48 only)

Free professional advice: Do not rely upon any advice concerning computers from anyone who uses the terms "beast" or "rocking" to refer to computer hardware.  Just...don't.  You've been warned.

While we're at it, people should stop using the term "uplift" to convey "increase".  This is a technical endeavor, we're not in church or at the movies - and it's science, not drama.

• kksnowbear changed the title to Acer 27" 4k monitor F/S (US) PRICE LOWERED