Can't transmit multiple radios in different channel?

Jenson

Hi there, 

Recently I created a multiplayer mission with many radio overs, but when me and my friends played the mission, we found that the radio will be interrupted if another player triggered another radio transmission, even though we were on different channels. I wonder is this normal (game design) or did I get the wrong setting for the radio? Are there any solutions for multiplayer to interact and trigger radios on different channels and they don't interfere with each other? 

here is the mission. Thanks. 

Operation Hormuz Mission 20 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• PC Specs: GTX4090, i9 14900, Z790 Pro, DDR5 96G, 4TB SSD M.2, 1200W Power
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Rudder, Pimax Crystal Light
  • Modules: F-4E, F-14A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, AH-64D, Supercarrier

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

1 hour ago, Jenson said:

Recently I created a multiplayer mission with many radio overs, but when me and my friends played the mission, we found that the radio will be interrupted if another player triggered another radio transmission, even though we were on different channels.

That would rather depend on how you are telling DCS to play the sound file. If you are starting a transmission on a separate frequency via trigger.action.radioTransmission() (or the Mission Editor analogue), then no, they usually will not step on each other. If, on the other hand, you play the sound file via trigger.action.outSoundXXX() (or the ME analogue) then yes, they will definitely step on each other because a peculiar design decision in DCS is that you can only ever have one sound file play over that particular output stream.

So, how are you playing the sound files? That will determine your possibilities.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cfrag said:

That would rather depend on how you are telling DCS to play the sound file. If you are starting a transmission on a separate frequency via trigger.action.radioTransmission() (or the Mission Editor analogue), then no, they usually will not step on each other. If, on the other hand, you play the sound file via trigger.action.outSoundXXX() (or the ME analogue) then yes, they will definitely step on each other because a peculiar design decision in DCS is that you can only ever have one sound file play over that particular output stream.

So, how are you playing the sound files? That will determine your possibilities.

Thanks for the reply, however, i do put the files in the radio transmission, in different frequencies and different zones. If my setting was wrong, could you kindly advise how to set it via trigger.action.radioTransmission()? thanks. 

image.png 

• PC Specs: GTX4090, i9 14900, Z790 Pro, DDR5 96G, 4TB SSD M.2, 1200W Power
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Rudder, Pimax Crystal Light
  • Modules: F-4E, F-14A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, AH-64D, Supercarrier

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]