NWS not working properly

Flapjacks
Go to solution Solved by Raven (Elysian Angel),

So, nosewheel steering hasn't been working properly since I changed hotas and got rudder pedals. I'll press and hold the button I bound it to and it'll begin working, giving me a tighter turn, but then the plane just goes straight after a couple seconds (with no change in input to the pedals or letting off the nws button). I have to let off the button and pedals, then move the pedals again to continue a regular turn. Also, I don't have nws bound to any other button on any device.

6 minutes ago, Flapjacks said:

So, nosewheel steering hasn't been working properly since I changed hotas and got rudder pedals. I'll press and hold the button I bound it to and it'll begin working, giving me a tighter turn, but then the plane just goes straight after a couple seconds (with no change in input to the pedals or letting off the nws button). I have to let off the button and pedals, then move the pedals again to continue a regular turn. Also, I don't have nws bound to any other button on any device.

Sounds like you, in effect, are skidding. 
How slow are you when you go “full lock” on the steering? Too fast and you plow on, regardless of NW deflection.

Edited by G.J.S
  • Thanks 1

- - - The only real mystery in life is just why kamikaze pilots wore helmets? - - -

• Solution
On 8/4/2023 at 9:30 PM, Flapjacks said:

Have you looked at the track yourself? You are indeed skidding: you can clearly see that even in cockpit view, but I played through the track a 2nd time in F2-view and then you can clearly see the nosewheel dragging along trying to plough through the runway 😉
I suggest you re-centre your nosewheel before hitting the high-gain button. I think you were hitting that *while* in a turn, which is a mistake. You'll have the same thing happen in the Hornet: centre the pedals before hitting 'NWS HI'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

3 hours ago, Flapjacks said:

Alright, yeah, guess I was skidding. Didn't seem like I was going that fast, guess I was though. Thanks!

Yes: be a bit more gentle with the throttle movements and you’ll be fine 😉

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings