Mini USB / wireless programmable keypads and rotary controls.

slughead

This looks like it could be useful in DCS. It has programmable key switches and rotary dials that you might be able to map to dials in the cockpit. A little bit pricey though. I think it emulates a keyboard and can be used with USB or wireless.

https://amzn.eu/d/iSZ6g9d

61lGd9-lOiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by slughead
  • Like 2

• slughead changed the title to Mini USB / wireless programmable keypads and rotary controls.
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks - I wonder if it can behave as a game controller too (so doesn't clash with keyboard) ?

with the exception of a few, I found many of the wired ones on AliExpress / Ebay were only keyboard  macro capable with no game device emulation

edit - found the old post with ones that have game support. wireless would be handy 🙂 

Edited by Dogmanbird

It does look like it can emulate a game device.

I also use two USB triple-foot pedals. They can emulate a game controller, but I discovered that Windows can only see button presses from one of them. I think it is probably because they both have the same controller name. I tried digging through the registry to see if I could change the device name of one of the triple-foot pedals. No luck with that, though. So I have one set up as a game controller, and the other uses regular key presses or combinations.

For example, one of the pedals is left-ctrl, which I use as a modifier to use my Warthog stick to control the ICP up/down and four-way switch in an F-16.