Black Out Simulation

ChillyFloat

1 hour ago, ChillyFloat said:

I've been wondering for a while. Why does the black out simulation last so long compared to the sabres. Is there any way we can get an actually accurate black out simulation on the 15?

The Sabre is simulated with a Anti-G suit while the MiG doesnt have one as far as I know. So the Pilot in the MiG is far more exposed to the effect of G compared to the sabre one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:03 PM, razo+r said:

The Sabre is simulated with a Anti-G suit while the MiG doesnt have one as far as I know. So the Pilot in the MiG is far more exposed to the effect of G compared to the sabre one. 

as far as i know people dont black out for 10-13 seconds at a time its usually just 1-3 without g-suits.

9 hours ago, ChillyFloat said:

as far as i know people dont black out for 10-13 seconds at a time its usually just 1-3 without g-suits.

image.png

image.png

While I'm not a doctor, 1-3 seconds sounds a bit short, and after a quick google search, 10-13 seconds seems to be within reported results.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

One problem with the sim is we can pull g with impunity. So long as you don't pull enough to black out, you can certainly pull more g for longer than you would IRL due to other factors such as ability to sustain those g, and do other tasks like looking around and flying the aircraft.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."