Intel PresentMon bottleneck and delay monitoring released

I installed and ran this tool yesterday and saw some disturbing results.    My GPU Busy was about 1/2 of the Frame Time.  So I believe that tells me that I am very CPU limited.   I have a Ryzen 7 7700X with 64 GB of RAM and a 4090 GPU.   This was outputting to a 4K 120 Hz monitor.   Has anyone else run this test.   It was on a simple mission from Ford Field on the Channel map where I taxied out from a hangar in a P-51 and took off.

Today I will do another test but this time I will output to a Pimax Crystal.  I suspect that will change the comparison of the times.  I will report those results as soon as I have them.

What are other people seeing on their rigs?  I am running the latest open beta in multithreading mode.  Thanks.

This morning I ran it with the Pimax Crystal as the video output.   That changed the results and GPU Busy is what drives the frame times.   I am hoping that once the new software is released to the public that will enable Dynamic Foveated Rendering I will be able to run at a steady 90 FPS or 11.1 ms frame time if you prefer.  I am still very interested to read about anyone else's experiences running this new tool.

13 hours ago, Flatch said:

This morning I ran it with the Pimax Crystal as the video output.   That changed the results and GPU Busy is what drives the frame times.   I am hoping that once the new software is released to the public that will enable Dynamic Foveated Rendering I will be able to run at a steady 90 FPS or 11.1 ms frame time if you prefer.  I am still very interested to read about anyone else's experiences running this new tool.

Have you compared hour results with the built-in monitoring tools invoked by RCtrl+Pause (?) that cycles through the graph as well as the full real-time text report?

With my Core i?-12100F and RTX 2070 I'm always GPU limited and it's a peaceful life 🙂

Edited by Bucic