cbu 105 alignement ?

Cerppo
Go to solution Solved by TheGhostOfDefi,

Hi, we ( our team ) find CBU105 alignment very, very long ( 30+ mins lately) to get ready, and sometimes in fly they became DEG again. ( degraded i suppose ) .Any explanation on this behaviour, besides bug  ?

Edited by Cerppo

vor 17 Stunden schrieb TheGhostOfDefi:

This is intended behavior. If the Gyros are not giving an input for a long time the INS things something is off and reports an error. As soon as the Gyros give a signal back its okay again. Its a kind of "BIT" behavior.

Is this a new behavior?   I haven't flown a10 with cbu105 for a long time but I don't remember ever having to align it for that long, the cbu105 is also kept up to date by the board GPS.

• Like 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, Hobel said:

Is this a new behavior?   I haven't flown a10 with cbu105 for a long time but I don't remember ever having to align it for that long, the cbu105 is also kept up to date by the board GPS.

You not really need to align it noir the problem is it’s position! It’s a BIT that fails and makes the weapon not operational! Imagine it like this: since the sensors are reporting the same over a long period of time there is the chance that a gyro is stuck or a sensor is broken, which would result in the same picture for the computer. So the computer says, hey something is maybe wrong I’m not operational, and as soon as you prove him otherwise he’s like yup sorry everything is alright go on!

The GPS (Of the A-10 EGI) just gives them a starting position. And to be clear the WCMD (103 & 105) do not have GPS they just have an INS system.

So it has nothing to do with doing an alignment really it’s just showing the INS everything is alright even tho the sensors report the same. 

And how long this is implemented I don’t know but I think at least as long as the Tank Killer exists. I’m not sure with the legacy 10C. 

8 hours ago, Hobel said:

same, that long and this often degraded is quite new (as far as we noticed) . But thanks for the detailed explaination ThGhost !

• Like 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb TheGhostOfDefi:

You not really need to align it noir the problem is it’s position! It’s a BIT that fails and makes the weapon not operational! Imagine it like this: since the sensors are reporting the same over a long period of time there is the chance that a gyro is stuck or a sensor is broken, which would result in the same picture for the computer. So the computer says, hey something is maybe wrong I’m not operational, and as soon as you prove him otherwise he’s like yup sorry everything is alright go on!

The GPS (Of the A-10 EGI) just gives them a starting position. And to be clear the WCMD (103 & 105) do not have GPS they just have an INS system.

So it has nothing to do with doing an alignment really it’s just showing the INS everything is alright even tho the sensors report the same. 

And how long this is implemented I don’t know but I think at least as long as the Tank Killer exists. I’m not sure with the legacy 10C. 

Nice thanks for the info.   I have also tested the whole thing and if you do the whole thing as you explain there are basically no waiting times.   🙂

• Like 1