Lua problem - mist.respawnInZone

Nialfb

Hi Guys

I'm not sure where to go for help on this one but I'm sure there is a knowledgeable person on here who could shed some light on this. I like to practice creating missions and I have one that I have closely based on Diff3r's Deep Strike Mission - STANDARD version for the A-10C II Tank Killer.

A part of the mission is that two hostile helicopters spawn radomly when I cross waypoint 4. This worked fine in my original mission - A-10C Bomb Attack Test.miz. I recently added a couple of friendly helis for eye candy and I noticed they had the same group name as the enemy helis (for some strange reason) so I renamed them. Ever since I get an error message whenever the hostile helis should spawn. I know the trigger is working as I get a radio message. The new mission, and the one giving problems, is A-10C Bomb Attack.miz attached.

The error message reads as follows (sorry for the poor quallity!) -

image.png

I hope someone can help, or maybe point me in the direction of where I can get some help.

BTW, the mission requires the following add-ons/mods - nullJAS39Gripen, Military Aircraft Mod, SAM Sites Asset Pack and the Special Mission Aircraft and Operators AI Mod.

Regards

Nial

null

A-10C Bomb Attack Test.miz A-10C Bomb Attack.miz

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

I think I have fixed this although I haven't been able to diagnose the problem. I opened my origial mission file, theo ne where the script worked, using WinRar and I copied my 'Spawn Patrol.lua' to the clipboard. I then opened my new mission file, using WinRar, and pasted the lua script into that file over writing the original. It all seems to be working but I have spent hours trying to diagnose the problem and I gave up!

If anyone wants to have a go at diagnosing the issue I would be grateful as it just adds to the knowledgebase 👍😀

Cheers

Nial

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR