Helios error and monitors help requested ***SOLVED*****

lesthegrngo

Hi All. I have just updated Helios after redoing the monitorsetup.lua, and now Helios is giving me a 'Export.lua for DCS cannot be understood by Helios' error. It's probably a simple fix, but I have no clue what it is, and there are no hits on the internet. All the install guides and videos are all at least a couple of years old, so don't deal with that. It was all working before, but when I opened up the profile I had after updating, it can't be launched because of that error.

The other question I have is with regards to the extended desktop for my monitors; it keeps defaulting back to all in a line, not every time, but quite regularly. I am using a USB type HDMI expander (not splitter) to control the small (10 inch and 7 inch) monitors and would like to fix it

Cheers

Les

Edited by lesthegrngo
Solved

• 4 weeks later...

I found the answer to this - what you do is go to the users / saved games / DCS / scripts folder and find the export.lua file. Rename that exportbak.lua.

Now if you go to Helios you will be able to get Helios to work, it will create a new export.lua however it will now not have the code in it that will allow DCS Bios to work. To fix this open the new export.lua file created by Helios with Notepad++ and append the following line just below the line that contains the reference to Helios

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

Save the file and you should now have both Helios and DCS Bios working

Cheers

Les

• lesthegrngo changed the title to Helios error and monitors help requested ***SOLVED*****