IR Mavericks not releasing when in IRMV Designation

BluTuthNinja

I've flown the harrier for a bit, and am pretty well practiced at the a/g maverick use. Or I thought so until today.

For some reason, when I try to fire in IRMV designation, the missile will not come off the rail. But if I switch to ins designation, it will fire.
Master Arm: On

A/G Mode: Active

Weapon: Selected and Uncaged. Video feed visible

SSS: Up to select. IRMV mode active, seeker head slewed to target

Gate: Collapsed and tracking target

Pickle Switch: Depressed. No fire

SSS: Up again, to select INS mode.

Pickle Switch: Depressed again. Weapon comes off the rail.

Is this a new change? Is this a bug? I've fired a lot of mavericks in IRMV mode, so idk why this would change.

59 minutes ago, BluTuthNinja said:

Is this a bug? I've fired a lot of mavericks in IRMV mode, so idk why this would change.

IRMAV locked and fired ok, when I tested using a "simple" air spawn mission, do you have a short track file ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2 hours ago, BluTuthNinja said:

Hopefully this works, and shows whats going on.

Thanks for the track file - what I see ?

TL;DR:

You attempted to lock a target at too greater distance for the IRMAV seeker, without a valid lock, the IRMAV wouldn't fire until you got closer.

Detail:

1. You attempt to lock the IRMAV at ~15nm (using the LH MFD) - as the cross hairs fail to close (i.e. lock), it fails to launch.
2. You switch to using DMT-TV (RH MFD) and attempt to designate, while still closing distance on the target.
3. At 10.2nm, the IRMAV cross hairs reappear, perhaps because it senses a lockable target or a sensor slew.
4. You switch to IRMAV mode again and the IRMAV was able to lock on a railway telegraph pole and you fire.
5. The telegraph pole is hit by IRMAV and a passing train is hit by splash damage
6. The DCS Debrief screen shows the IRMAV was shot at the railway telegraph pole

Taking control of your track, I simply needed to close the distance to the target area to lock and fire the IRMAV at 7.1 nm

Adding a waypoint near the telegraph pole, I locked one of the nearby buildings at 8.9nm with the IRMAV alone.

Screen_230905_141626.jpg

What did you expect ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

6 hours ago, BluTuthNinja said:

So the problem is, that is not what happened.

Unfortunately it's not unusual for tracks not to replay "exactly" as they are a recording of your inputs, actions, etc. - your bug may be difficult to track down if it's not easy to repeat.

6 hours ago, BluTuthNinja said:

IDK if the track file is faulty, but when I got the lock in IRMV mode, it did not fire off the rail.

This is how your track played on my PC

... as said, if I took control of your track - I simply had to wait to get in range for the IRMAV to "lock" onto a ground object and I could press the pickle button.

Have you setup a dead zone for your TDC axis as, IIRC any drift on the TDC will break the IRMAV target lock ? 

Edited by Ramsay