Just a couple of questions regarding fps and such

tazzharm

hey all

during vr flight I noticed the fps is different in cockpit vs outside view.   I get 45fps inside the cockpit of any aircraft then when I switch to exterior view it jumps to 90fps.   shouldn't the exterior view be harder on the fps?

also 

I have tested the MT and don't notice any gain...in fact it is a bit worse....

my system is

i9 12900k

gtx 3070

64 ddr5

win 11

just upgraded from rysen 5 5600x and don't really notice much of an improvement.

any thoughts.

thanks

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K--32gigs ram--Gtx 3070--windows 11--Oculus Quest 2 VR--X-56 Hotas . DCS Openworld Beta

6 hours ago, tazzharm said:

just upgraded from rysen 5 5600x and don't really notice much of an improvement.

Maybe because your rig is GPU bound? How are your settings?

A 3070 is kinda poor for VR right now (I have a 3060ti and I have to cut most of the settings to have a smooth experience).

Are you using a Quest 2? Instead of 90/45 fps, try 72/36, that way it's easier for your GPU to mantain 72 almost all the time.

hey thanks.

ok I'll try it ...I'll put the quest back to 72hz

and see how it runs....most of my settings are medium....grass off and such.... tried watching youtube vids on settings with similar pc specs....

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K--32gigs ram--Gtx 3070--windows 11--Oculus Quest 2 VR--X-56 Hotas . DCS Openworld Beta