Hind 24 in Nevada

Asiavik

Is it just me or is there a problem with getting the Hind off the ground in Nevada? I can take off fine in the Marianas and the Caucasus, but when in the Nevada map she won't get off the ground.  Tried this both in instant action and from the mission editor. Am I missing something?

The less dense the air, the harder it is for a helo to fly…which makes sense. Air loses density with altitude (lower atmospheric pressure) and/or with heat (why hot air rises…less dense). So the colder the air and lower the altitude, the heavier you can be and still get off the ground.

so, decrease weight, take off from a runway via a running start or go into the mission editor and manually lower the temperature. (May have to change it to a winter month if your bound and determined to take off from a FARP at 98% max)

I could take off in the Apache easily and - usually- land in one piece. But with the Hind? Taking off with any kind of significant weapons load and fuel (so..say 96%-100 max) is a challenge. Maybe the Apache would have been if it was near max weight too. It’s just that the Hind is so damn heavy anyway so I’m always taking off at 96% max weight with 60%-70% fuel. It’s a fight doing it from a FARP. As soon as she is up, you need to get forward speed while pulling collective. Just a tough bird to get off the ground 

Edited by Mike_CK

If you check chucks guide for Mi-24, he has very nice high resolution takeoff chart I haven’t seen anywhere else. He probably made it himself from low res scanned 1980s docs. 

I can’t even post it here it’s so high res🤣

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg