Need help with IP addresses and creating a sever

I am way in over my head.  I am trying to create a server so I can play on a computer I have in my house with another computer in my house and/or sometimes with another computer next door.  
My problem is I create a server and it shows my IP address on the server MP screen.  I name the server.  
On my other computer I can’t see the server I created and when I manually type in the IP it says the server is off line.  Both computers show the same IP address when I search you got signal.com.   
I have gone out to my router and opened port forwarding but routers show the devices ip addresses as different from what the internet test shows.  I can’t port forward the external ip address.  Just the individual ip addresses of the different computers.  I am not sure what’s growing on but I can’t get my computers to connect or have different IP addresses and the modem router says the external ip address isn’t in the range to allow port forwarding.  I am lost

I am way in over my head.  I am trying to create a server so I can play on a computer I have in my house with another computer in my house and/or sometimes with another computer next door.  
My problem is I create a server and it shows my IP address on the server MP screen.  I name the server.  
On my other computer I can’t see the server I created and when I manually type in the IP it says the server is off line.  Both computers show the same IP address when I search you got signal.com.   
I have gone out to my router and opened port forwarding but routers show the devices ip addresses as different from what the internet test shows.  I can’t port forward the external ip address.  Just the individual ip addresses of the different computers.  I am not sure what’s growing on but I can’t get my computers to connect or have different IP addresses and the modem router says the external ip address isn’t in the range to allow port forwarding.  I am lost
You need to use the internal IP of the computer or setup loop back in the router.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk