Raven One Campaign, Mission 11 bug wingman not attacking

RogerRoadie

@baltic_dragon First of all thank you again for an awesome campaign, I really enjoy the story line and the way you converted the book into a DCS campaign. Just as information I experienced a bug flying mission 11 (Back to Bandar Abbas) yesterday. (Spoiler alert: the bug description kind of gives away what happens, so if you don't want to know, don't read any further :-))

I flew the mission 5 times and each time the sim behaved the same! After dealing with the inbound aircraft and heading back to WP3 I received the new tasking. After entering the coordinates and looking at the FLIR the coordinates are off (on purpose I know!) When slewing the targeting pod to the correct target and firing, the JSOW strikes the target, but the target remains intact and "no joy" is called. When firing the second JSOW to the exact same point again, this time the target is destroyed and tasking for the 2nd target commences. The 2nd tasking has to be adjusted as well (on purpose I guess) but this time target is killed on first attempt. 3rd tasking coordinates are exact and no problem.
However on all 5 occasions that I flew the mission, the wingman disappears after engaging the enemy aircraft and flies back towards the carrier/tanker. When assigning a target Raven 3-4 always acknowledges "coordinates loaded" and acknowledges that he will engage (when selecting the F10 option), but never does. The wingman continues to fly around on HDG 160ish for a long time and descends then comes back up north, but does not engage on the assigned targets. With only 2 JSOWS and 3 targets as well as the first hit always not destroying the HAWK, it is impossible to finish.

I therefore loaded 4 JSOWS on my last attempt and managed to complete the mission. Same thing happened, wingman disappeared south after engaging the enemy aircraft and getting back to WP3. First JSOW missed (even after using the corrected coordinates) 2nd JSOW hit, 3rd JSOW on target 2 (refined coordinates) hit, 4th  JSOW on target 3 hit. In this configuration you are going to be low on fuel during recovery, since you have to take two drop tanks off when loading the extra JSOWs, but can use a center drop tank.

Just FYI radio comms on the RTB seem to work normal with option for the tanker, kissing off your wingman (even so he is not there) and case III recovery. (I did not use the tanker, so can't comment if this works or not)

All in all a great mission with a few bugs (at least for me), but can be solved with a work-around (ie. loading extra JSOWs). Not a complaint!! Just giving you some feedback to help improve and make troubleshooting a bit easier for you. If you need any more details, I am happy to fly it again and make some notes!

Thanks for your effort and continued support with all the updates DCS throws at us :-).

Hey! I know there are issues with M11 and thanks for this detailed description. I am now working on major overhaul of the campaign (today on M10) and I intend to spend as much time as it takes to make M11 work as well as possible. 

Now, first JSOW is intended to miss but yeah, the wingman is absolutely necessary for this mission - I’ll fix his behaviour.  You can expect a fully refurbished campaign during November update. I’ve already stumbled upon problems with AI flights that took hours to fix somehow (sometimes deleting the old flight and creating a new one from scratch).

Thanks!

• Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png