4 Bomb, 4 Targets One Pass

RPY Variable

Don't you think it should be possible to drop 4 different booms to 4 different targets in the same pass. As it is now, if you set PP waypoint 36 to a bomb, -> select other bomb and set PP waypoint 37 -> then the two booms will fall in waypoint 37 instead of one in waypoint 36 and the second one in waypoint 37.
Clearly I don't have the plane to test how it work in real life, but it's illogical. Maybe I'm missing something.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

Hm, it is (at least was. Didn’t test after the update.) possible do that. 

Workflow:

Have 4 PP targets ready

Switch to PP Mode for the bombs. 
Select ripple mode, select 4 

Go in control menu after setting that. Set target per bomb by switching between pylons (!) via NWS button. 

It’s important to select the ripple mode before you assign target, otherwise it will reset the target assignment. Also it’s important to remember that you’re assigning target points per pylon, not per weapon. So, if you have several weapons on one pylon, they will all have the same target. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RPY Variable said:

Don't you think it should be possible to drop 4 different booms to 4 different targets in the same pass. As it is now, if you set PP waypoint 36 to a bomb, -> select other bomb and set PP waypoint 37 -> then the two booms will fall in waypoint 37 instead of one in waypoint 36 and the second one in waypoint 37.
Clearly I don't have the plane to test how it work in real life, but it's illogical. Maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah - you are absolutely right. I just checked, and you can really just ripple 2 Stations  / Weapons in PP Mode. So, if you have 4 targets, you will need 2 Programs. Both for 2 Points. 

is that a bug or a feature, @uboats?

12 hours ago, BigBorner said:

It’s important to select the ripple mode before you assign target, otherwise it will reset the target assignment.

14 hours ago, Napillo said:

Set to drop 4 at the same time

That must be it! I will try that. I was doing it like in the F-16 🙃. Thanks!

8 hours ago, BigBorner said:

is that a bug or a feature, @uboats?

Bug 😁 (I want my 4 targets in one click!)

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2023 at 5:25 AM, BigBorner said:

Hm, it is (at least was. Didn’t test after the update.) possible do that. 

Workflow:

Have 4 PP targets ready

Switch to PP Mode for the bombs. 
Select ripple mode, select 4 

Go in control menu after setting that. Set target per bomb by switching between pylons (!) via NWS button. 

It’s important to select the ripple mode before you assign target, otherwise it will reset the target assignment. Also it’s important to remember that you’re assigning target points per pylon, not per weapon. So, if you have several weapons on one pylon, they will all have the same target. 

I appreciate the tips; thank you.