*RESOLVED* DCS not recognizing WinWing F-16EX HOTAS buttons? Help!

Bliksem

Just got a new WW HOTAS setup (Orion2  F-16EX stick and Orion2 F-15 EX II Throttle) and I'm psyched! (T Flight Hotas X was getting limiting).

However DCS won't recognize 4 buttons on the joystick - DMS, TMS and the EX-kit 'Castle' and 'Slew' (?) buttons. I have no idea, spent hours configuring, t/shooting, searching forums etc. Anyone had this issue, got any ideas??   

More Details...

• DCS World OpenBeta 2.9 (updated before installing new WW HOTAS)
  • WW Sim App Pro is calibrated, recognizes all button functions correctly (both stick and throttle)
  • WW Firmware is the latest for all (bases, stick and throttle)
  • Same issue for all aircraft so far (A-10, F-16, F-18 etc) 
  • Have uninstalled/ re-installed Sim App Pro, and Stick Throttle devices with no luck 
  • Have tried a couple 3rd Party F-16EX LUA profiles with no joy either

WW Stick issues.jpg

Edited by Bliksem

Ok, first things first...if they are recorginised in Simappro then they should be 100% recorginised in DCS.

Also check on how those hats are configured.....are they button presses or analog axis's??

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Bliksem changed the title to *RESOLVED* DCS not recognizing WinWing F-16EX HOTAS buttons? Help!

UPDATE - No clue how, but somehow, over the weekend, this resolved itself. 👍

On 10/21/2023 at 6:48 AM, MustangSally said:

Ok, first things first...if they are recorginised in Simappro then they should be 100% recorginised in DCS.

Also check on how those hats are configured.....are they button presses or analog axis's??

Thanks @MustangSally - yes, I had tweaked those settings endlessly back and forth. Didn't notice any improvement, but who knows?  

HOWEVER.. I did notice after the WW HOTAS installation/ setup, in DCS controls there were 4 instances of the Joystick device (yes 4! 🕹️🕹️🕹️🕹️) each with different device IDs (serial numbers/ device codes,  whatever...) which being new to WW, led me to believe this was normal (?). Maybe one was the Base, another was the EX Viper 2 button strap-on, and the third.. well, maybe that was the shaker/ force feedback unit..?? 

BOLLOX. Clearly something went sideways with the install.    

Then, In a Galaxy Very, Very Near... MFG Crosswinds to the RESCUE!

Miraculously, after connecting my new MFG Pedals everything resolved itself? (WTF?!) The 3 Ghost F-16 Hotas devices disappeared, and DCS welcomed my HOTAS buttons/hats/boats/sliders/coolies/flippies/slippies and whatsits with open wings. AWESOME! Ok, cool, I'll take it! Shout out to Milan, and his epic JEDI pedals. God help me if I ever have to go through that again. 

Aaaaand now to spend the rest of eternity setting up the Orion 2, F-16 stick and F-15 EX throttle's 2 x 2x 3n HOTAS buttons/hats/boats/sliders/coolies/flippies/slippies and whatsits. Aaargh. At least they work in DCS now. 

#LovingDCS2.9Graphics!

Edited by Bliksem
  • Like 1