WIP Gunsight reticle mod

Lythronax

This mod changes the gunsight reticle from 30 degree ring to a 20 degree ring. When the target is in range and is at an aspect of 20 degrees angle-off (and below ~280 mph IAS) place it on the ring and fire. At higher speeds more deflection will be required. Range is also a factor. With your TrackIR/pilots head as high as it will go with the lid shut the ring will just clear the engine cowling, allowing you to see the target as you take a shot. Since refraction isn't modelled, this is the best we'll get. The real life tactical trials with AB505 stated that despite the lengthened cowling, the ring of the sight was still clear of the engine cowling, which is verifiable with in-cockpit photos.

I've also taken the liberty to make the graphics more accurate, with the correct chiselled-edged crossbars and vertical bars which do not intersect the ring. They are still WIP however so expect an update.

Hn4aXS0.jpg

qcaUrQP.jpg

Edited by Lythronax

Here's a V2 with improved reticle texture. Don't use full gunsight brightness; I use the "Day" setting on the dimmer switch. When assigned to an axis, the reticle is at full brightness at 100%, then turns off just under that, then switches back on as you reduce the brightness on the axis: use the brightest setting you can achieve before it momentarily switches off! The transparency of the texture doesn't play well with the maximum setting.

MDpgTvY.jpg

xpjTixO.jpg

Spitfire reticle 20 degree ring v2.zip

• Like 2

nice...  I'll give this a try👍

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

• 1 month later...