2.9 Update caused Tobii eye tracking to lag

atredies
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi All,

Great update, so far performance is amazing in terms of frame rate, usually 120+ at 4k! with DLSS.

The only issue I've noticed is, this update causes great issues with Tobii eye tracker (set to track head movement only)

The problem is, the camera used to pan smoothly, but since updating to 2.9 it is very choppy and quite distracting. I can't find any other reports on this yet and I fear I am the only one. It is like the game is only taking position updates from Tobii every half second instead of smoothly.

I tested the tracking in another game and smooth as silk in other games.

Unsure how to fix this one!

• ED Team

Hi, 

welcome to the forum. 

Some people have had success by un-parking cpu cores, this adjustment has been helping with DCS stutters, it may also apply to your situation so worth a try. 

Try disabling Windows core parking

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
  • Solution
Just now, atredies said:

Hi, I will check this out but I must point out, it is not the game that stutters, only the tracking of head movement through Tobii!

yes I understand the circumstances are different but it sounds like the stuttering could be cpu related / busy cores 

it could also be a bottleneck. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, atredies said:

This fixed the problem for a minute, once airborne etc it was noticably stuttering again 😞

Can you also go to DCS controls and disable hotplug in the bottom right corner, see if it helps