Crash after buying latest campaigns.

Joe1978
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I don't know if it is correct to put this question here. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

Today I bought the last two DCS campaigns (F-16C First in Weasels Over Syria Campaign and DCS: MAD Black Shark Campaign). I have installed them normally.

Now I try to enter to campaigns and DCS crashes remains in "loading". Before buying these two campaigns I could enter to campaigns normally. 

I'm in Open Beta 2.9 MT and so far I haven't had any problems, I can enter all the menus: Missions, editor, etc... and I even flew a campaign mission this afternoon before buying the new ones 😡

I have performed a DCS repair but it seems to have no effect.

Can you think of any tricks that could help me?

Edited by Joe1978

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• ED Team

Please attach your dcs log from the crash session or the zip file it created during the crash. It will give us some clues hopefully. 

Please ensure all unofficial mods are removed and you have done a slow repair or verify if steam. 

Thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hace 12 minutos, BIGNEWY dijo:

Please attach your dcs log from the crash session or the zip file it created during the crash. It will give us some clues hopefully. 

Please ensure all unofficial mods are removed and you have done a slow repair or verify if steam. 

Thank you 

Thanks Bignewy 

Add the Logs file 

Logs.zip

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

one of your unofficial mods or edits is creating a problem 

2023-10-25 21:18:57.179 DEBUG   LuaGUI (Main): GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:753: [string "C:/Users/jose/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Missions/Campaigns//en/F..."]:8: unfinished string near '"You are NCO Bruno-Richard Schulz in the Schnellkampfgeschwader 10 dive bomer wing I. Gruppe.

Estacionado en Abbeville, usted y su compañero Otto Bertram son la primera llamada cuando se necesitan refuerzos.'
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:753: in function 'loadCampaign'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:346: in function 'findCampaigns'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:366: in function 'loadDir'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:343: in function 'findCampaigns'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:343: in function 'findCampaigns'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:425: in function 'refreshCampaigns'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:665: in function 'show'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/MainMenu.lua"]:253: in function 'func'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:101: in function 'updater'
    [string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>
stack traceback:

if you can resolve this and run a slow repair you should be ok 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hace 53 minutos, BIGNEWY dijo:

Hi, 

one of your unofficial mods or edits is creating a problem 

if you can resolve this and run a slow repair you should be ok 

thanks

Thanks Bignewy. 

I deleted the campaign that appears in your post but it didn't seem to be resolved so I deleted the last campaigns that I downloaded and performed a slow repair as you mentioned. By doing so, the problem appears to have disappeared. Now I will check one by one to verify which one is causing the problem.

Once again thank you for your help and dedication.