Single player stats vs Mission Editor

Xupicor

So I just tested something unrelated in ME - had a Huey take off in front of AI C17. I took off and started hover taxing on the runway - when I was picking up a bit of speed the C17 started rolling and rammed me from behind. Huey got the skids obliterated, but was otherwise okay-ish. The C17 started burning, decelerated, I was about to restart the test to avoid this situation so just crashed the Huey.

At the mission end screen I got a pop up that I committed fratricide and that my combat scores are wiped out. I don't care about that at all, but some people might. Is the only way to avoid someone ruining their SP pilot profile is only switching it on when flying actual missions? Why would testing stuff in ME trigger permament things like this?

Seems kind of unfair to have tinkering around in ME have any consequences on the pilot profile. I guess you could use it to prop up stats as well as get your legit stats wiped out unfairly. Or is the pop up spurious? Again, I don't care at all for my case, but it looks more like a bug than a feature to me.

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

1 hour ago, Xupicor said:

At the mission end screen I got a pop up that I committed fratricide and that my combat scores are wiped out. I don't care about that at all, but some people might. Is the only way to avoid someone ruining their SP pilot profile is only switching it on when flying actual missions? Why would testing stuff in ME trigger permament things like this?

I don't disagree with your post, but why it's happening is because you are FLYING in the game, not the mission editor -- you'll not that when you click "fly mission" in the editor it loads up the game, doesn't instantly fly.  Like I said, agree with your sentiment, but the way it currently works isn't really wrong.

Of course I get that. The mission editor just loads the game using that mission. That's clear. It goes with the letter of the law, but kind of against the spirit of it, as it makes the player to jump through hoops just to not get the stats demolished. Again, I don't care personally -- most of the time I don't even remember this thing is even there. But I imagine there's a lot of single player people out there that might take a degree of pride in the stats gathered over a period of time. Imagine getting those stats wiped because you wanted to try making your own mission and spawned too close to a friendly, or the friendly just rams you. 😉 

Anyway, regurgitating the same point isn't useful, so I'll stop. Just stinks like something that shouldn't happen whether a lot of people care about it or not. It isn't a sign of polish, you know. If you asked me, missions ran through ME shouldn't have any effect on your pilot's profile stats.

Edited by Xupicor
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

The "exemption" will not do much. I lost count of the times I have "committed fratricide" just unloading troops just to have them decide to run through your tail rotor while you are stationary on the ground. I just don't worry about the stats and medals anymore.

If you are really worried about your stats, your best bet is to make a new pilot using the logbook and use that for single player and leave a pilot for MP.

• Like 1

Ryzen7 5800X3D - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MAX - 64Gb 3600MHz DDR4 - RX 6950 XT - SoundBlaster -Z