Is there a difference between DVI to HDMI (via converter cable) to HDMI to HDMI?

Regarding the thread I started below.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39436

I am wondering if I should get a Graphic Card with a HDMI output rather than DVI output (that comes with a extra DVI to HDMI cable), and if it matters or not with possible complications of this setup (because I will be connecting my PC to a HDMI input onto a plasma tv).

Let me know. Thanks everyone.

This is what I run...a 15' DVI to HDMI cable from my laptop to my 56" 1080p DLP....It works flawlessly and support HDCP...Now i went to best buy at first and monster cables that long cost anywhere from $100-200!!!! so i jumped on amazon.com and got my cable for $8.95!!!!

its all digitital information so those fancy gold plated cables wont really do shit...not like a high end analog cable might.And Ive also found that its harder to find and HDMI car rather than one with DVI and your selection for cards that you could use (brand wise) diminishes.

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

yeah i posted in another topic...its absolutly AMAZING...the cockpit is huge and lifelike!!!!!!!!

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

DVI and HDMI are the same pin format so you will not loose any detail..just adding in an extra potencial point of failure...but converters and cables are cheap any way, so.. I wouldnt base a purchase specificall on it, but if you had 2 completely equal choices, but one had HDMI out as well?..go for that one ...

What you will miss out on by converting is HDCP , the content protection part of HDMI , but since your PC isnt outputting anything HDCP , thats not really a problem :)

not true HDCP is also over DVI.....dont spread false information.

there are onyl a few video cards that have HDMI output and most of them are by the brand sparkle which not many people know of that manufacturer...I almost bought one but strayed away.