Out Standing VR performance in 2.9

Astralnut

I set all the graphics to high and laoded up the Apache on high and the system ran buttery smooth down low in the trees. I have an AMD 2950 and a NIVIDA 4080 16g and all openXR worked great.

Thank you so much to the DEVs and all for a great update.

Things are gona be a lot more fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I want to chime in, as my frustration level is reduced by some 95% by this.
Had to ditch a 3080 and invest in 4090 making it a very expensive endeavour.
(I've learned to ignore the comparison to a Fender or Gibson guitar I could have had for those money.)  😛 
Devs has done a great job and achieved goal after goal, simultaneously going through rough country, but seem to have had an eye on the ball all the way.
A lot of people are doing a lot of good and competent work. It is hard to keep faith when frustration levels are high. -For all parties.
But dammit! All in all, I'd say a huge "thank you" is in order! 🙂

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to say thanks to the dcs team too. It's by far my most played software. Even after flying it for a couple of years, I feel like I've only scratched the surface and it offers a lot to keep me interested.

..... and thanks to our fellow VR folk who kindly share your tips and findings 

reading the various forums, it looks like there are a lot of newcomers to vr just in this last month 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1