Remember: you have full control over the VR mirror

RealDCSpilot

- Simply tick "use DCS system resolution" in the VR settings tab

- close DCS

- go edit the options.lua in your savegames folder

- look for ["graphics"] = {

make sure that ["fullScreen"] = false,

and edit the values behind ["height"] = and ["width"] = to your liking

This way you can let the VR mirror take any rectangle shape you want. Need a square? No problem. (A square would be the closest shape to what is rendered for each eye in your headset)
The VR mirror will always be placed in the dead center of your desktop.

After this, the resolution selection tab in system settings will show your edited resolution, never touch it again.

I recommend a height value that is always a couple hundred pixels below your monitor's desktop resolution, something like 1200 on a 1440p monitor. This prevents "slipping" of the VR mirror under the taskbar and tapping "out of window" mode if the mouse cursor hits the taskbar.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Many thanks

Maybe mirror full control should to disable mirror completely ?

I don’t know if it is alowed with openxr api or a DCS implémentation design  choice

Why ?

Because on my side i can get better performances when forcing mirror resolution in OTT to 800x600 ( oculus )

• Like 1

Usually the desktop mirror doesn't cost any extra performance. It's just a passthrough of what is rendered in one of the eyes and mapped onto the 2D face of a window at the specified resolution. And i guess on Windows, a 3D app can't run "windowless".

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Hello

on my 1080ti , reducing mirror allow to get 72 fps in the Quest 2, without reducing mirror, i get 36 fps ( asw kick on )

this setting in OTT  has been given in a old thread in the forum and still very useful on my experience

So my question about disabling mirror…

Alright, having the mirror running fullscreen at 4K is definitely a bad idea unless you need it for special purposes like screen recording. Every window on desktop needs VRAM, so the bigger the window is the more resources it will eat. I don't know how Facebook manages it's VR runtime with the mirror, if it works the way you described it's not the best way to do it. However, if you have control over it - good for you.