Maps in Save games?

sushy73

Hello ED.
I would like to save some space on my SSD dedicated to DCS .
Is there a way to install the maps in the "Save games folder" and make them functional?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards
No, but you can place them anywhere and use symlinks. But then they won't be part of the dedicated disk for DCS.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:31 AM, MAXsenna said:

No, but you can place them anywhere and use symlinks. But then they won't be part of the dedicated disk for DCS. emoji6.png

I've tried that and it doesn't work in practice. I tried installing the South Atlantic map on my non-SSD c drive as part of a "stable" DCS installation there that I don't actually use. This let me identify which folders need to get symlinks to install it as part of my OpenBeta installation on an almost full dedicated SSD. I created those symlinks, and another one for the downloads folder. The OpenBeta installation program happily downloaded the map using the symlink for downloads, but then refused to install it, because it said I had limited space on the SSD. Nevermind that the installation wasn't going to be stored on the SSD.

If you have a workaround I'd like to know more about the details.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I've tried that and it doesn't work in practice. I tried installing the South Atlantic map on my non-SSD c drive as part of a "stable" DCS installation there that I don't actually use. This let me identify which folders need to get symlinks to install it as part of my OpenBeta installation on an almost full dedicated SSD. I created those symlinks, and another one for the downloads folder. The OpenBeta installation program happily downloaded the map using the symlink for downloads, but then refused to install it, because it said I had limited space on the SSD. Nevermind that the installation wasn't going to be stored on the SSD.
If you have a workaround I'd like to know more about the details.

That's interesting. To be honest I've never tried myself, but I've never heard about anyone having issues with it.