A-10C II - Mission 09 - Runway lights don't switch on

Dear all,

This is most probably an engine bug and not a bug related to this excellent campaign.

Can somebody else confirm that the runway lights are not turned on after landing approval? I see only the two spots illuminating (very poorly) the runway from the right.

I will post a video or pictures after I find time to fly again. This same question has been posted also in the 2.9 general bugs section.

Fly safe!

Edited by Emuyen
  • Like 1

Just finished again the mission and recorded it.

The runway lights are on, but they are very dimmed. You can practically only see them briefly before you fly over them.

Few remarks on this

• If I remember correctly, the MAP (Missed Approach Point) should be about 0.5 miles before the runway threshold. If the lights are not visible at this point, you should fly a missed approach.
  • The large runway spotlights on the right side of the runway are visible as large dots of light. The area of the runway that they actually illuminate is not illuminated.
  • As a consequence, I had to fly using the ILS course indicator and aim the TVV below the two light spots to estimate where the runway threshold is.

From the above two points I conclude that I am well below the cloud cover (otherwise I would not see the spots on the right side of the runway). However, I can't see the lights because they are very dimmed (visible only shortly before passing the threshold).

Conclusion: As suspected, this is not a problem with the missions, but with the engine. A comparison with older videos (such as the one from Recon Stewart - YT link here) shows that the runway lights were better visible in older versions of DCS.

Please close this thread. I'll open one in the General Problems section.

Link to my YT Video - first landing at 21:40, second landing at 37:50

Edited by Emuyen
  • Like 1