Matra R550 Magic Mod for MIG-21bis

Admiral_ZIPANGU

There have long been requests for additional armament for the MiG-21bis. However, I was surprised to find that even the mods that complement it are not substantial enough, so as part of my self-education, I created a mod that adds the Matra Magic SRM, which was installed in the Iraqi Air Force.

"Matra R550 Magic For MiG-21bis" Mod  Download Link

Adding weapons to the MiG-21bis itself is not very difficult, but the problem was that some missiles do not show rail launchers and attach directly to hardpoints, making them look very uncool.

I have therefore succeeded in making the rail launcher appear by creating a payload that includes the rail launcher. I am not very familiar with DCS internals so I spent almost a day to achieve this, but I think it turned out well enough. At the moment we are using the method of directly rewriting multiple files in the CoreMods folder, but eventually we will be able to register weapons in saved games to reduce the number of files to be rewritten directly to a minimum.

If there are requests for other weapons, we will try to implement them as much as possible. This is the first step in that direction.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

2023/11/15 : Fixed a bug that prevented MirageF1's R530 series from being used after applying the mod.

On 11/12/2023 at 8:36 PM, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

There have long been requests for additional armament for the MiG-21bis. However, I was surprised to find that even the mods that complement it are not substantial enough, so as part of my self-education, I created a mod that adds the Matra Magic SRM, which was installed in the Iraqi Air Force.

"Matra R550 Magic For MiG-21bis" Mod  Download Link

Adding weapons to the MiG-21bis itself is not very difficult, but the problem was that some missiles do not show rail launchers and attach directly to hardpoints, making them look very uncool.

I have therefore succeeded in making the rail launcher appear by creating a payload that includes the rail launcher. I am not very familiar with DCS internals so I spent almost a day to achieve this, but I think it turned out well enough. At the moment we are using the method of directly rewriting multiple files in the CoreMods folder, but eventually we will be able to register weapons in saved games to reduce the number of files to be rewritten directly to a minimum.

If there are requests for other weapons, we will try to implement them as much as possible. This is the first step in that direction.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.