[Reported] AI JF-17 will not attack with BRM (laser guided rockets) even when equipped with WMD7 targeting pod.

Pally

As titled.  This is from a simple mission I made without scripts nor any mods.

Have this been observed before, or had it happened to you where the AI JF-17 that even when equipped with WMD7 pod will not employ the BRM 90mm laser guided rockets?

I had it set to attack an Avenger (IR SAM) vehicle, but the AI Jeff will not shoot the BRM 90mm no matter what weapon of choice option I selected for the AI to use within the Mission Editor (Guided vs just Rockets).

Weird.

Anyone can chime in will be great.  Lastly, I suppose it was working fine before the 2.8/2.9 updates, but it is also more true that I haven't checked their proper behavior since the major 2.8/2.9 patch update.  It was back in patch 2.56 when I created this mission, but I have long since loaded, edited, and saved under 2.9 MT patch version.  So I can't exact the patch when it started to behave as stated. 

I truly missed having the laser BRM rockets as they are accurate, and allow a standoff distance from target. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by uboats
Syntax

5 hours ago, Pineapple said:

It seems that the game doesn't "see" the BRMs. Also JTAC ignores them

Yes, indeed, that post had me thought of that issue as well.  If so, I think this is a on ED's to-do list?  Guess I will have to swap out the JF-17 for another supersonic capable jet to do ground attack... but none but the JF-17 can act as a strike platform and carries the laser guided rockets.

Any work around may you, or anyone suggest? 

Edited by Pally
Hit the wrong button...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Did you try the unguided version of the rockets? Maybe it works.

Beside that I don't know any workaround 

Yup, I had to surrender to using only unguided (UG_BRM 90mm).  They were horribly inaccurate and AI had a nasty habit of climbing just high enough into the sweet engagement zone of SAM and AAA.

Hope this will get a looked at and get a fix. 

Just saw Open Beta update log that acknowledged the above discrepancy.  Meanwhile, I will substitute the JF-17 with something else.

Thanks Deka Ironworks and ED. 🤙

Edited by Pally
Hit the wrong button.

• uboats changed the title to [Reported] AI JF-17 will not attack with BRM (laser guided rockets) even when equipped with WMD7 targeting pod.