Exported MFD problem.

Capn kamikaze

When using the SLAM-ER (not tried the normal SLAM etc) in the cockpit view, I am not seeing anything on the exported MFD screen for the datalink, or on the MFD in the cockpit.

However if I switch my main view to for example looking at the weapon in flight, my MFD view suddenly shows what I expect to be seeing, and if I switch back to the cockpit view, it goes back to a blank video feed.

Edited by Capn kamikaze

Are you sure this isn't actually a bug backwards to what you are thinking?  Is the SLAM-ER within it's seeker activation point where it's giving you a D/L signal back and are you within range of the missile (50-60 nm IIRC)?  If it's not, you should get a blank video feed and if you're seeing it in the weapon view that's the bug.

Not sure this is your problem, but something to check anyway.

It's defintiely a bug, you can try it yourself.

Flicking between in cockpit view and weapon view makes the video change from a blank screen with the symbology on it to a video feed and back again on the exported MFD.

It wouldn't be a big issue if the active screen was shown when in the cockpit, and the inactive one shown in the external weapons view, but that isn't the case.

Edited by Capn kamikaze

21 hours ago, rob10 said:

Are you sure this isn't actually a bug backwards to what you are thinking?  Is the SLAM-ER within it's seeker activation point where it's giving you a D/L signal back and are you within range of the missile (50-60 nm IIRC)?  If it's not, you should get a blank video feed and if you're seeing it in the weapon view that's the bug.

Not sure this is your problem, but something to check anyway.

Even if it is out of range, why would you get the video feed in the F6 view?

I think you're right that it is a range issue having done further testing, however it's still a bug/exploit, as it allows "infinite" TV transmission range if you happen to have multimonitor setup.

Edited by Capn kamikaze

Sorry, I didn't word it very well in my original post.  I was wondering if it was exactly what you have now found: the issue is that in the multi-monitor setup there is a bug/exploit that shows the signal at any range (rather than a problem with it in "normal" non-exported use).  That is definitely a bug from what you're describing.