Help with 2.9

DukeAngus
Go to solution Solved by DukeAngus,

Long story short as possible, i updated my dcs build when the 15e got released and haven't touched dcs since. This past week i hopped on dcs to learn about the 15e, each time i got on i declined to update dcs, knowing it has been along time and the download would take longer than i cared for.  Well, i decided i have been having enough fun that i would update dcs. After the update to the most recent build on openbeta, now when i try to go into a mission, training or editor dcs goes unresponsive almost immediately. I noticed that it shows the same spot where it freezes on the load bar.

Is there anyway to roll dcs back to last build on computer?

Thanks for any help

Edited by DukeAngus

@DukeAngus Laptop right? Have you trialed a lot of modules that you have disabled but not de-installed? Windows is managing your pagefile. Try to set it to 32.768MB and decrease your preload settings to less than 50.000. If you do have a lot of trialed modules that have expired. Purge them and do a full slow repair. Didn't see any shader compilation errors, and your GPU is newer than mine was, so it should probably be okay. Hope this helps. 🤞🏻

You are correct in guessing that i have a lot of trialed planes that are no longer active. Yes it is a laptop. Last night i tried a full[slow] repair and a couple of other things and dcs always gets stuck in the same place. My gpu's are not close to being the best but it has managed to play dcs through 2.8. in the past i tried different pagefiles sizes and i didnt see a difference so i just put it back to how ot was.  I will try your suggestions and report back, depending on the results, i think i am going to just roll back versions.  Thank you for your assistance.

• Solution

it got farther than before but i forgot to save the file before trying it with the pagefile big and unfortunately the log came back the second time with one line less than the first log. 

thank you for your time but i am just going to roll back version. 

i am wondering why upgrading this time broke dcs for me! 

anyone reading this in the future, i used this site in the link below to help me roll dcs back, i could not figure out how to get skatezillas updater to work correctly but i followed his instructions in the hidden content to use the command prompt. 

there was one thing that i got hung up on briefly and i dont know if it is how only my computer works or i was doing something wrong or they all work this way but when i was trying the command prompt and entering 

C:\Users\gri>CD program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin [enter] ,The system cannot find the path specified would come back. i figured out i had to go folder by folder to work and it looked something like this.

C:\>cd Program Files\ [enter]

C:\Program Files>cd eagle dynamics\ [enter]

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics>cd DCS world openbeta\ [enter]

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta>cd bin\ [enter]

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>DCS_Updater.exe update 2.8.8.43704@openbeta [enter]

the updater popped up and loaded the build i requested. after i got everything open it worked like how it did originally.

Edited by DukeAngus
  • Like 1