KA 50 Black Shark 3 - Joystick Profile Calibration - Stable Trim.

_Defi
Go to solution Solved by MAXsenna,

Hi,

Isn't it possible to adjust the forward curve of the joystick in the control settings in such a way that the KA50 is automatically trimmed through the joystick control upon startup/liftoff?

I just bought the Black Shark 3 and was hoping to just take off in a smooth fashion, but seems all the other posts are suggesting to trim the helicopter immediately upon liftoff. Isn't it possible to set the correct trim in the game controls somewhere instead?

It's a nuisance otherwise, since it is simply a translational error in the joystick controls what I believe. I am just a non-professional.

Any helpful joystick profile for the X56 Hotas from Logitech would be greatly appreciated.

• Solution

Hi,
Isn't it possible to adjust the forward curve of the joystick in the control settings in such a way that the KA50 is automatically trimmed through the joystick control upon startup/liftoff?
I just bought the Black Shark 3 and was hoping to just take off in a smooth fashion, but seems all the other posts are suggesting to trim the helicopter immediately upon liftoff. Isn't it possible to set the correct trim in the game controls somewhere instead?
It's a nuisance otherwise, since it is simply a translational error in the joystick controls what I believe. I am just a non-professional.
Any helpful joystick profile for the X56 Hotas from Logitech would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies, but your beliefs are wrong. It's correct as is, helicopters work very different from airplanes and are best enjoyed with force feedback stick, or at least a non-centering one. For a centering stick, choose your preferred trim method under special settings and press and hold the trim button while flying the Shark. Even with a centering stick it is very easy to trim it for a stable hover take off like you ask for. Just press the prim button, push the stick a little forward, and let go of the stick, then raise the collective.
If you can get hold of a cheap second joystick, just take the springs out, and it might be more enjoyable.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 5:06 PM, MAXsenna said:

Apologies, but your beliefs are wrong. It's correct as is, helicopters work very different from airplanes and are best enjoyed with force feedback stick, or at least a non-centering one. For a centering stick, choose your preferred trim method under special settings and press and hold the trim button while flying the Shark. Even with a centering stick it is very easy to trim it for a stable hover take off like you ask for. Just press the prim button, push the stick a little forward, and let go of the stick, then raise the collective.
If you can get hold of a cheap second joystick, just take the springs out, and it might be more enjoyable.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Thanks, I figured this out in the end. Cheers

• Like 1