REPLAY TRACK ISSUE WHEN USING HMD F/A-18C

aaron3492
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

has anyone else had similar issues or got any advice on how to possibly solve it?

Flying the F/A-18C when I go back through the replay tracks they work fine from the cockpit but when I go to an external view the weapons no longer lock on and track correctly. However, if I turn the HMD off in the mission editor this seems to solve it for the most part or at least make it a lot better and more consistent. any ideas or suggestions only seems to be an issue when using HMD for targeting???

bellow are the track files round one with HMD and round one take 2 without HMD      

ROUND 1 F18 Vs 2X J11 CHANEL MAP.trk ROUND 1 take 2 F18 Vs 2X J11 CHANEL MAP.trk

• ED Team
  • Solution
11 minutes ago, aaron3492 said:

has anyone else had similar issues or got any advice on how to possibly solve it?

Flying the F/A-18C when I go back through the replay tracks they work fine from the cockpit but when I go to an external view the weapons no longer lock on and track correctly. However, if I turn the HMD off in the mission editor this seems to solve it for the most part or at least make it a lot better and more consistent. any ideas or suggestions only seems to be an issue when using HMD for targeting???

bellow are the track files round one with HMD and round one take 2 without HMD      

ROUND 1 F18 Vs 2X J11 CHANEL MAP.trk 856.99 kB · 0 downloads ROUND 1 take 2 F18 Vs 2X J11 CHANEL MAP.trk 786.71 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, 

this is a limitation of track replays. Once you change the view in a replay you wont get the head movements as you have selected to use your own view options. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Just now, aaron3492 said:

Thank you for your reply, I thought it might have been something like that. Are there any plans to solve this at all in later updates?    

We recently made improvements to the track replays, however the replay system is intended as a debug tool essentially. 

We would like to improve the track replay system in the future to make it better for video production for example, however this will take time, something for the future. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

thank you very much, and its been the only real issue iv come across that I couldn't seem to find a way around over the last year half. I look forward to future updates and for now il just use the HMD for personal flights. Thank you for your response and help on this