Can not connect to DCS website without VPN enabled / authorization failed on game load

cw4ogden
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Currently getting the DCS offline error in combination with being unable to access the main DCS website.  I can access the forums, and my internet is working fine otherwise.  Attempting to load the DCS website times out.  Attempting to load the game results in authorization failed.

After following every troubleshooting guide I could find, one recommended to try enabling VPN.  This worked for accessing the DCS website, but not the game.  Any Ideas why I would need a VPN to connect to the website, and can't connect at all to the game?

• ED Team

Hi, 

who is your internet service provider and what region are you in the world? 

It could be ISP issues, DNS or government restrictions depending on the place in the world. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

who is your internet service provider and what region are you in the world? 

It could be ISP issues, DNS or government restrictions depending on the place in the world. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I am in the U.S., Eastern Oregon to be more specific.  My provider is a local service called Anthem Broadband.
Traceroute to the DCS website hangs on an IP address of 10.100.0.2 or similar.  I was suspecting either my provider is having issues or possibly my IP was banned by mistake by ED?  Those were just my best guesses as I can get through when I enable the VPN, but DCS still fails to authenticate.

• ED Team
  • Solution

I would suggest giving it some time, usually when it is from the USA its local routing issues that normal work themselves out. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2