HUD say "NO RAD" when I turn on ECM emissions with TMS Down

Alkaline
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

3 minutes ago, razo+r said:

In DCS, you cannot use the FCR if the ECM is transmitting.

With ECM in Mode 3, your pod continuously transmits, which means you cannot use the FCR.

image.png

What, I cannot use the FCR with ECM activated? In other words, I cannot have ECM on and engage in BVR at the same time?... Then why the hell do we even have ECM and why can the F15 do that when its several years older?

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

4 minutes ago, Alkaline said:

What, I cannot use the FCR with ECM activated? In other words, I cannot have ECM on and engage in BVR at the same time?...

If you read the attachment, it seems you can use it together, although the FCR will be degraded in mode 1.

4 minutes ago, Alkaline said:

Then why the hell do we even have ECM and why can the F15 do that when its several years older?

Because it's still usefull against ground based radars. And why can the F15 do it? Because this feature has been first implemented in the F-16 and F-18. The F-15, being a much older and feature complete module, did not get the same effects implemented.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If you read the attachment, it seems you can use it together, although the FCR will be degraded in mode 1.

Because it's still usefull against ground based radars. And why can the F15 do it? Because this feature has been first implemented in the F-16 and F-18. The F-15, being a much older and feature complete module, did not get the same effects implemented.

Yes, i saw in the original attachment after I wrote my reply, my apologies.
Thank you very much for your answer, have a great day sir.

• Like 1

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro