Pimax crystal add ons

DavidE

Finally pulled the trigger on the Pimax crystal today. The deciding factor was being able to order from Amazon in the UK for the discounted price. Controllers will see me through for now, can consider the lighthouse / valve controllers at a later time if I think it’s worth it. I was also able to take out the 3 year insurance via Amazon, expensive at £173 but worth it especially as it’s Amazon insurance and not Pimax, can also be cancelled within 45 days if I have major problems. I took out the G2 insurance and this proved to be a good call.

Once I get it working reliably I will look to get the Apache strap + counterweight and the DMAS. Can find a euro DMAS suppler, is there a UK source for both items.

Apart from the above are there any other recommended additions. Is there good DCS related guide to setup, presume its best to fully uninstall the G2.

Just tested positive for covid so will have a few spare days to prepare for delivery.

Congratulations on your buy. There are various websites with instructions how to set up the Crystal in general and specific for DCS.

General: Solutions : Pimax Support

DCS: The Ultimate Crystal Guide On Setting Everything Up For Flight | Pimax

From my own experience I would not bother for the lighthouse if you use the Crystal only seated for flightsims. The inside-out tracking is really good.

And yes, as a general rule it is always wise the fully uninstall previous VR specific software. This does not include Steam as the Crystal can also work with Crystal.

But if you follow the instructions on the link above you won't need to use Steam for the Crystal. Saves again on CPU load..

Go ahead and order the Crystal Comfort Topstrap if you didn't order it with your Crystal. I have the Apache and it works great but it gets warm. You don't need a counterweight. The battery has plenty of weight in it.

I also added this to my Crystal (in black, not gray). It helped with comfort and stability. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V55VHMX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tallymouse's setup guide is a good one: 

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal