FCR: slewing and buttons

Donglr
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Hi gents,

like everyone in this forum I am playing around with the FCR. I have three question about slewing the radar cone:

1) is there a hotkey for slewing this? I only found the buttons on the MFD but nothing in the controller setup I could map the slew to.

2) I know that as long as the FCR is scannig, it will maintain orientation towards the direction it was pointing when the scan was started. However when it is in not transmitting anymore I have difficulties centering it back again. Lets say it is pointing 45deg left and I press the slew right button on the MFD, it points 45deg right when done slewing, instead of straight ahead. So how do I get a semi slewed FCR back to center?

3) How do I slew a "full scan zone" FCR sideways partiually, not to full extend? Sometimes I want it to only look 30deg left for example.

THX gents

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hello @Donglr

1) There is none in the Pilot cockpit. However the CPG may use the MAN TRK controller to slew the FCR scan area left and right.

2) Please see this comment:

3) Each time the arrow buttons are used to slew the FCR scan area, the scan area moves an entire "scan width". So if you have the FCR set to a full 90 degree scan zone in Wide, it will slew 90 left or right. If you want to move it partially to the left using the arrow buttons, you can either slave the FCR to your helmet (PHS in the Pilot cockpit), or you can set the scan size to Zoom (Z), press the arrow buttons a few times to center the scan on your desired heading, and then select your desired scan size to a different setting prior to performing a scan. Using a smaller scan size gives you more "button presses" in smaller intervals when using the arrow buttons to move the FCR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head