How to identify the right firmware?

BaronVonVaderham

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out what firmware I need to download from WW to update my F-16EX joystick base. SimAppPro identifies my base as a "JOYSTICK BASE2 2". Unfortunately it is permanently stuck in "retrieving", so I don't know if the current firmware is the latest. Also, the firmware names on the winwing website are completely random (implying a complete and utter lack of configuration management of their software development).

So, I was hoping to download the firmware and manually install the latest firmware.As a note, my current JOYSTICK BASE2 2 hardware has version 1.13 as current firmware.

Edited by BaronVonVaderham
  • Like 1

Joystick Base2 2 means you have an Orion 2 base.

The Orion 1 joystick base is called "Joystick Base2" and the Super Libra is called "Joystick Base1"

Why they named it like this I have no idea.

The solution for your problem:

The reason you can not retrieve the current firmware is that afaik there is none in WinWings online system in the US. You can change the download server from US to China in the options menu clicking on the cog in right hand upper corner. Why it is that way I can't tell.

There is also no firmware for manual download for the Orion 2 joystick base as far as I can tell.

However I can tell you that 1.13 is the current firmware for the Orion 2 Base. But you can check that yourself once switched to the Chinese server.

JOYSTICK_BASE1_APP_V1.55_20220720.wwtc <- is the current version for the Supra Libra

JOYSTICK_BASE2_APP_V1.56_20220720.wwtc <- is the current version for the Orion 1 (!!!) base

JOYSTICK_BASE2_303_APP_HW52.20_FW1.58_20230420.wwtc <- I have genuinely no I idea what this is for

• Like 2

Thanks!

I found it baffling how they manage their software config management to be honest. They probably don’t, which is a recipe for disaster sooner or later. If they can’t name them consistently, how can we trust that the identifiers used for the auto update features to work properly?