Basic questions

John Galt
Go to solution Solved by Phantom711,

I have been flying the Viper since it came out, but the variety of weapons that the F-18 has, has caused me to look at the Hornet as a nice variety.

I have 2 problems right off, nose wheel steering, I have a button on my stick assigned and paddle switch for the disconnect. F-18 guide says push the button you get nws in the hud hold button down for high rate. What I get is nothing when I press the button and nws when I hold it down. What am I doing wrong. How are the buttons around the DDI's numbered? I have seen lower left being 1 and upper left being 1. What is correct.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Hornet!  It's a relatively easy plane, but there are a lot of little things that can trip you up so dig and ask if something isn't working like you think it should.  And a track file is always helpful in troubleshooting any issues you post here.

In answer to your questions: you have the LAUNCH BAR down.  If you haven't put it down yourself, check your bindings and make sure there isn't a physical switch that's setting it down on startup.  By default NWS should be ON when you hope in a cold jet (I think hot too, but I do that rarely) and a simple press will put it into NWS HI mode.  Also note that when you LOCK your wings spread you will have to HOLD the NWS button to get NWS HI (wings spread is fine, it's just when you lock them that you have to hold for NWS HI).

The OSB numbering on the MFD's start at with the bottom button on the left side of the screen (bottom left on right side is 1, leftmost on the bottom row is 20).