SLOT based Commands (Multicrew)

As we see more and more multicrew modules become available, it is becoming apparent that there is a gap in the DCS API that does not allow individual players (in a multicrew aircraft) to interact with the game.

I would like to propose a SLOT based commands. The purpose of this is so it would allow an individual player to have various aspects of the user interaction experience with DCS be customizable to that specific user.

I propose a variant for the following DCS Mission Scripting Environment API commands:

Adds a command to the "F10 Other" radio menu allowing players to run specified scripting functions for a specific player

missionCommands.addCommandForSlot(number slotId , string name , table/nil path , function functionToRun , any anyArguement)

missionCommands.addSubMenuForSlot(number slotId , string name , table path)

missionCommands.removeItemForSlot(number slotId , table/nil path )

add / remove OtherCommandForSlot would allow specific players to interact and customize the game or request information specific to them.
trigger.action.addOtherCommandForSlot(number slotId , string name , string userFlagName , number userFlagValue )

trigger.action.removeOtherCommandForSlot(number slotId , string name )

outTextForSlot would be amazingly useful to allow specific players to receive information from the game and not interrupt other members of the crew.
trigger.action.outTextForSlot(number slotId , string text , number displayTime , boolean clearview)

outSoundForSlot would be very handy, if a member of a crew wanted to get notifications for something that other crew members would not be interested in.

trigger.action.outSoundForSlot(number slotId , string soundfile )

markToSlot would allow for marks specific to a player be available.

trigger.action.markToSlot(number id , string text , table vec3 , number slotId , boolean readOnly, string message)

Edited by OzDeaDMeaT
still writing it.

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

• OzDeaDMeaT changed the title to SLOT based Commands (Multicrew)