Controller Not Registering Only in VR

I'm having an issue where one of my devices, a VPForce Rhino, doesn't show up in DCS while in VR mode (using a Varjo Aero). All my other devices register in the controls section and when I switch back to 2D DCS the Rhino shows up again.

I've tried replugging and rescanning devices while DCS is running without success. Also even when DCS isn't detecting the device, the VPForce configurator software can still see it and registers the inputs so it seems like it's a DCS-specific issue. 

Does anybody have any suggestions for what could be wrong/how to fix it? 

UPDATE:
Problem seems to be solved for the moment! Not sure if it was restarting my entire system or swapping between SteamVR and VarjoXR that fixed it but it is resolved for now.

Edited by Mustang25
problem update/resolution

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mustang,

I'm running into the same problem with my setup and the Varjo Aero. Every once in a while one of the controllers (at random) doesnt work in game but does show up in windows "devices".

Is your problem since fixed with the swapping between SteamVR and XR or does it still happen? I'm running OpenXR so i can use the foveated rendering and would hate to have to swap to SteamVR.

Current rig: I9 11900K @5.1ghz, MSI RTX4090, MSI MEG Z590 Unity, 64Gb DDR4 RAM @3000mhz

Current apparel: Warthog HOTAS (stick on VIRPIL WarBrd base with 3d printed extension), MFG Crosswind, Saitek throttle quadrant, VRinsight MultiSwitch Panel, WinWing F/A 18c UFC and DDI's, DIY arduino trimwheelset, DIY arduino frontpanel, DIY aluminium cockpitframe, DIY tactile transducer, WACOM Intuos S drawing tablet VR set: Varjo Aero Software: Openkneeboard, SRS, SimShaker